Connect 313: Bridging the Digital Divide in Detroit
CONNECT 313 is a citywide, data-driven digital inclusion strategy. Working alongside several organizations, CONNECT 313’s goal is to make Detroit a national model for digital inclusion and ensure all Detroiters can access the digital world and the opportunity it brings.
This operation is made possible by the City of Detroit, United Way for Southeastern Michigan, Rocket Mortgage and Microsoft.
Ensure every Detroiter is fully digitally included, improving the quality of life for all residents.
To put in place by 2024 the means for all Detroiters to have access to appropriate devices, internet connections, technical support and digital resources for improved learning, employment and wellbeing.
- We strive to be a model of diversity and inclusion, with our Board, Council, and committee members reflecting the many faces, cultures, and walks of life that make up the community we serve.
- We strive to maintain the confidential nature of deliberations, openly sharing views, and respecting the diverse opinions of others.
- We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that promotes innovation and creativity.
- We value, champion, and embrace inclusion and respect others without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or expression, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, weight, height, marital status, disability, or any other status, whether protected by law or not.
- We respect, value, and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics, and perspectives that make each person who they are.
- We believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to collectively and more effectively address all issues, including the digital divide and the social and economic implications that face our communities. Our ability to embrace this diversity and to make it an integral part of the organization will allow us to serve our communities more effectively.
The Connect 313 Fund was formed in 2020 to coordinate and support city-wide digital inclusion efforts with a data-driven, community-based philosophy. The Connect 313 Fund was launched at the Rocket Mortgage Classic PGA Tour event as part of the tournament’s “Changing the Course” initiative.
Through the contributions of Rocket Mortgage and other tournament partners, the Connect 313 Fund was developed to support the strategy of Connect 313. The Connect 313 Fund is administered by United Way for Southeastern Michigan. To donate to the fund, please click here or use the donate link below!