Join Us for Detroit’s Digital Inclusion Week
Digital inclusion brings opportunity, education, and connection. Ensuring all Detroit residents have access to the digital world is Connect 313’s fundamental goal.
Join us October 3-7 as Connect 313 hosts Detroit’s fourth annual Digital Inclusion Week, a 5-day event that promotes digital equity and highlights digital inclusion efforts happening across the Motor City. Throughout the week, Connect 313 will celebrate the organizations and leaders helping to bridge the digital divide, activate partnerships and activities to increase community engagement, and connect Detroit residents to free information and resources.
“A big portion is connecting with the community where they are. You can’t assume that people know what’s out there,” said Kaleena Louis, Connect 313’s Policy, Advocacy, and Ecosystem vice chair who’s been working to help plan the event. “This year we’re looking forward to putting on an amazing week for the city that will have more in-person engagement.”
The event includes special events, panel discussions, hands-on activities, and more. Detroiters who attend will have the opportunity to take part in one of Connect 313’s free digital empowerment workshops.
This year, on day 2, Connect 313 will host its Inaugural Research Symposium. More than a dozen academic professionals will gather to reflect on the past decade of digital inclusion and highlight modern-day initiatives through presentations, workshops, panels, and roundtables. The Research Symposium is designed to be a day of learning. Speakers will cover numerous topics including digital equity and inclusion, supporting children in the classroom, creating digitally accessible neighborhoods, and more.
The full schedule is as follows:
- Day 1 – Leadership and Stakeholders
- Learn from digital inclusion leaders through talks and panel discussions.
- Day 2 – Academic Research Symposium: A Decade of Digital Inclusion
- Amplify digital inclusion research from the last decade through interactive presentations, panel discussions, and screen-side chats.
- Day 3 – A Focus on Small Business
- Offer tangible support to local entrepreneurs to help them run and scale their companies.
- Day 4 – Connected Communities
- Provide interactive opportunities for Detroiters to learn, engage, and become more digitally connected.
- Day 5 – The Future is NOW: Engaging Youth in a Meaningful Way
- Engage with Detroit youth to help increase awareness and opportunities that exist in the digital world.
Don’t miss this amazing week! Register for Detroit’s Digital Inclusion week here.